We are arrived back into Paris yesterday afternoon for our final two nights of the trip.
It is Christmas eve morning and we are hanging out at the hotel. We leave tomorrow (Christmas morning) for LAX. Cool thing is when we get back home it will still be Christmas.
Up until now the Hotel room's have all been comped on Marriott points.
Not any more :). We are staying at the George V. We were upgraded to suite and have a view of the Eiffel Tower from our room (s). The suite (condo) has two levels and my guess is it's about 1500 sq ft. As I type this I am sitting at a beautiful desk watching the sun come up over Paris. The church bells have been ringing on the hour and the city is (oddly) quiet. It is simply phenomenal and an experience that we shall never forget. I could not have dreamed a better ending to such a wonderful trip.
Going away (especially to another country) always gives one the opportunity to reflect on their lives. Of course, The trick is to come home and have the conviction to see through the self imposed changes. yea, yea... Pete thanks for the insight.
on the more shallow way of thinking...
My mind has started to turn back towards home. I miss my dogs (big time), I miss my Family, I miss our friends, I miss 70 degree weather, I miss Burritos, I miss In and Out, I miss Football, I miss my Bed, I miss running (everyday), I miss the USA.
Monday, December 24, 2007
George V
Posted by
Peter
at
1:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment