Monday, October 29, 2007

Kibitzer?

(Kibitzer) I heard it again today, NO it wasn't in reference to me...It was a colleague.

It is one of those words that I occasionally hear and that have never taken the time to truly understand. Until now.
*In any case, I strive to never ever be referred to as a Kibitzer.
In my book, it's a nice way of calling someone a cheating, meddling, un solicted advise wielding buffoon.

kib·itz·er

1.a spectator at a card game who looks at the players' cards over their shoulders, esp. one who gives unsolicited advice.
2.a giver of uninvited or unwanted advice.
3.a person who jokes, chitchats, or makes wisecracks, esp. while others are trying to work or to discuss something seriously.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder who that could have been. There are so many at that place you work who fit that word, unfortunately.

Peter said...

I will say that there does seem to be quite a gathering of Kibitzers at my place of employment. However, I am certain that if you go to a church social, school fund raiser or even down to the local pub for a pint (or five)... you would find your fair share of Kibitzers.