Monday, October 15, 2007

Campland the result



Well it was another memorable Indian Princes
s event down at Campland. I had a feeling we were in trouble when I heard someone mutter around the camp fire on Friday night " Sure glad it didn't rain" ... Ah yea, thanks. We woke up to a muddy campground and a dreadful morning of never ending drizzle. The girls all kept their spirits up through the wet morning activities...then Finally around noon on Saturday the clouds parted and it turned into a beautiful afternoon.



I took some of the afternoon to just hang out with the other dads . Playing Bocce . Don't be fooled our version is through trees, down cart paths, under motor homes. It's all good fun! Another tradition...Gary asks everyone to bring two bottles of their best Wine for wine tasting in the afternoon. Always a stellar event that ends up lasting into the evening. Who on earth brings nice bottles to these things? I can see a $50 bottle (maybe) but we have people cranking out the $500 bottles. I always noticed the crowd gets heavier when the expensive bottles start getting opened. It's like they come out of the woodwork. Anyway we ended Sat night with a guitar sing along and I really enjoyed spending the time with Madison and Mackenzie in my arms. Most requested song ...anything high school musical...of course.

























Mackenzie Saturday morning

Madison Saturday afternoon.

No comments: