Friday, June 30, 2006

Waltham / Crash on the 405

Last Tues I flew to our Corporate HQ in Waltham Mass. Beautiful this time of year but the sun never came out. But it really didnt matter as I was in a conference room most of the day anyway.
I came home last night on Delta. My flight was scheduled to leave at 530pm and connect through Cincinnati but when I arrived at the airport I noticed a direct flight to LAX leaving at 4:20. I ran to the gate, made the flight and I was even upgraded to First class! I was thrilled, instead of getting home at 1130Pm I was now going to arrive at 730PM.

We arrived on time but once I got on to the freeway my luck ran out. It turns out that earler in the day a big rig crashed through the center divider on the 405 in Long Beach and the freeway was shut down to 3 lanes in each direction. Read about crash here . I finally got home 2 hours later completely exhausted.

Today has been relaxing catching up with emails and just hanging out. We are having a heat wave but the ocean breeze is starting to kick in. Tomorrow I have tickets to the Padres Giants game down in SD. I havent been to PETCO park nor have I seen the boys play this year and I am really looking forward to it.

Thats it for now

No comments: