Sunday to Sunday: 3 days of helping present at a DCA boot camp, 3 days of training on solution selling, dozens of partner meetings, several partner dinners (one lasting 4 hours)...Makes for one very, very tired man.
On Saturday night (after the usual closing rah rah rhetoric from management) they brought on a guest speaker. Motivational speaker Dan Clark . Anyone that talks about common sense and moves away from the traditional deliveries speaks to my soul. I have always felt that the key to success is connecting and building relationships with people. I have always used this type of approach. I don't try to pretend to be something or somebody else regardless of whom I am trying to connect with. I stand with conviction and I always will.
Needless to say ...I enjoyed his presentation)
I left the hotel yesterday morning at 430AM to catch a 600AM flight. On my way through the court yard I noticed a big crowd chatting. Could they be waiting for a bus to the airport? Nope, It was the young crowd from the UK still up and partying from the night before. You can always count on the Brits to find a way to keep the party going. As I passed through the crowd; I couldn't help but to thank god for giving me the strength and sensibility to go to bed early the night before.
I was upgraded on the flight home. I sank into the cushy seat and slept for most of the flight.
It's good to be home.
Monday, November 19, 2007
It's over
Posted by
Peter
at
4:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dan Clark and Six Degrees of Seperation:
http://www.evilzenscientist.com/blog/2007/11/19/six-degrees-and-dan-clark/
Amazing.
Post a Comment